Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

The First Day of the Rest of My Life

I know, I know so overly dramatic, right?

On June 1st I had the bright idea that I'll begin eating raw foods exclusively for at least 30 days. I've been experimenting quite a bit with raw foods (fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds), green juices and smoothies since the beginning of the year so in theory it was a great idea. What I forgot to take under consideration is the tremendous amount of stress that I've been under lately.


Well so far so good! I haven't been totally raw but that's just because I get caught up while cooking for my family and I'll try this and taste that. I also stopped by a friends' house for her birthday last night and I had a little bit of cake and ice cream and a glass of red wine. I don't feel bad about it and I'm not going to beat myself up and have a pity party. Ultimately it's about the journey not the destination so it's okay if I stray from my plan. So what I had cake and ice cream (translation = sugar, sugar and more sugar), I've increased my fruit and veggie intake tremendously as long as the occasional treat is the exception and not the rule I'll eventually reach my goals.

I haven't run in a week. Now for that I'll kick myself!

No comments: