Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Rome wasn't built in a day


I'm told that anything worth having is worth working hard for and may not come easy. Since I've been busy eating the standard american diet (S.A.D) for the last thirty years, I shouldn't expect to achieve total raw food stardom overnight. I fell off the wagon sometime last week which isn't a big deal in itself but what is a big deal is that I was aware of it but chose to linger for a while and watch the wagon continue without me.


On June 20th, I'm going to start a 7-14 day green juice & smoothie feast. When I began back in February this was seemingly what it took to kill my cravings and make eating room temp raw foods bearable all day every day in the beginning. I only have a little more than two weeks to do whatever it takes to get my A1c down before I go back to the doctor. I haven't been exercising and with my eating being less than perfect I'm not sure what my numbers will be but all I can do is wake up tomorrow all bright eyed ad bushy tailed, ready to hop back on the high raw vegan wagon. If nothing else the doctor will at least have to be slightly impressed with me losing a few pounds, right?

No comments: